You must plan a public health campaign with the aim of raising public awareness of Dementia. Present your campaign proposal as a 2,000-word essay, a short video, or a PowerPoint presentation. *
You must include in your proposal:
· Introduction and background to the condition
· The aims of the public health campaign
· How the campaign will benefit the local community
· What activities you plan to do
· Which organisations would you get in contact with
· What resources you would like to use
· What measures you will use to review the outcomes of the campaign
· Any other creative and wonderful ideas you may have to reach out to the public!
You can either work alone or in a group of up to 4 people.
The purpose of the competition is to measure your creativity and initiative in trying to reach out to the public to raise awareness about Dementia and the impact it has.
Below is an example campaign which was submitted to use last year as part of the competition. The proposal is an actual entry completed by the winning team: Yew Hui Chuin, Jared Loo, Justin Lim from the University of Manchester.
This is excellent practice for the future, as pharmacists are advocates for raising awareness of health and the promotion of living well.
Above all, good luck!
All entries need to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th February 2018, please include your full name (s) and University within your email.
*Note: All methods of presenting the proposal listed will be marked equally, so be as creative as you can!